One of the questions I get most from women in my classes, is how the hell to get rid of those annoying bat-wings?! We all want nice, sculpted arms and we want it now. So without further ado, I present to you 5 drills that focus on the Triceps. And the best part? No equipment needed (well, you need a chair. but that's easy, right?)! No equipment also means no excuses, so... Ready? Go!
1. Triceps Dips Start with straight arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps. Bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90* angle. Be sure to keep your back close to the bench. Too hard? Bend your knees and bring your feet closer to the bench.
2. Wide Push Ups Position your body in a high plank, leaning on palms, wide gap between them. Bend the elbows to lower your body down, then push back up. Too hard? Place your hands on a higher surface (like pregnant me!) or bring your knees to the ground.
3. High / Low Planks Start in a plank position on you forearms. lift one hand and place the palm on the ground, push your body up and place the other palm on the ground as well, until you're in a high plank position (on palms). Go back down one arm at a time and repeat.
4. Pyramid Presses Position yourself in a downward dog position, pelvis up and head between your arm. Come up on your tippi toes and bend your knees slightly. Bend the elbows to lower yourself down head-first, keeping the pyramid pose, and press back up. This is an advanced exercise and might be hard to perform if your Hamstrings are too tight.
5. Diamond Push Ups Place your hands under your chest and make a diamond shape by touch your forefingers together and your thumbs together. Bend the elbows to lower your body down, then press up. Too hard? Do it on your kneed (like pregnant me!).